Why choose our tax lawyers?
We regularly advise our clients in these areas of taxation. In addition, we frequently represent clients in connection with requests for advance tax rulings (rulings) and tax litigations.
We assist businesses at all stages of their existence. In particular, we have developed expertise in (international) tax planning, M&A and restructuring.
In addition, we assist private individuals in structuring their activities, assets and investments.
Through our pragmatic and practical advice, we promote efficient and optimal tax risk management combined with (tax) value creation.
Finally, our tax law team is also active in the academic and scientific world as its members frequently lecture, give speeches and publish contributions on various tax topics.
Our lawyers always work closely with our specialists in other fields of the law (e.g. corporate, banking and finance, employment or energy) to provide comprehensive and practical advice on a variety of complex tax issues, including :
- corporate and legal entities taxation ;
- cross-border transactions;
- mergers, acquisitions, and corporate restructurings;
- investment structuring;
- real estate taxation ;
- taxation of the non-profit sector;
- local and regional taxation; and
- taxation relating to specific sectors (e.g. energy or financial sector).
We serve clients from all sectors, with a particular focus on real estate, new technologies, life sciences, the financial sector (including private equity) and the energy sector.
Recent Deals and Highlights
- Buy-side tax services for an investment fund in the context of the acquisition of a Belgian-based multinational group active in the IT sector. Our assistance included the following: tax due diligence, structuring and drafting legal documentation.
- Buy-side tax services for a consortium of financial institutions in the context of the acquisition of a stake in the Brussels’ airport. Our assistance included the following: tax due diligence, structuring and drafting legal documentation.
- Buy-side tax services for a stock-quoted leading player of the Belgian automotive sector in the context of the acquisition of a stake in a stock-quoted Italian company active the stationary market. Our assistance included the following: tax due diligence and structuring.
- Sell-side tax services for an insurance company in the context of the sale of a company holding a landmark shopping mall. Our assistance included the following: vendor due diligence, structuring and drafting legal documentation.
- Assistance of a stock-quoted global biopharma Belgian-based group in relation with tax incentives related to patented flagship products. Our assistance included the following: analysis of most appropriate tax incentive, ruling requests and negotiations with the tax authorities.
- Recurring assistance of a stock-quoted real estate group with its internal reorganization/rationalization as well as with its new investments. Our assistance included the following: corporate reorganizations, structuring, advance tax rulings, tax compliance and drafting legal documentation.
- Advising a French multinational group specialised in the renewable energy sector in the context of the acquisition of an innovative Belgian company active in the same sector which develops energy optimisation solutions (renovation of collective heating installations, addition of renewable or efficient energies such as ‘cogeneration’). Our assistance included the following: tax due diligence; structuring of the acquisition; and the drafting of legal documentation.
- Advising a Chinese multinational group active in the electricity sector in setting up its management and coordination centre in Belgium. Our assistance included the following: comparative study of the various European countries selected; analysis of specific issues; drafting of opinions.
- Advising a Belgian group active in the mutuality sector with regard to the implementation of profit-making projects (organised as companies). Our assistance included the following: drafting of opinions; structuring of the various projects; strategic meetings.
- Advising a multinational insurance group in the context of the reorganisation of its legal structure from a tax-transparent to a structure subject to corporate income taxation. Our assistance included in particular the following: drafting of opinions, negotiations with staff, strategic meetings.