As a partner in Fieldfisher's leading equity capital markets team, I advise on a range of corporate finance transactions, including IPOs, fundraisings, public company takeovers and mergers and acquisitions.
I advise private and listed companies (both domestic and international), investment banks, brokers and nominated advisers primarily on transactions on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and AIM.
My practice is focused on the energy and natural resources sector, having advised mining, oil and gas, batteries and renewable energy companies in various jurisdictions around the world, including the UK, Europe, Canada, South East Asia, Australia, South America and Africa. I also advise clients in the life sciences, financial services and technology sectors.
My recent transactional experience includes:
- Peel Hunt - advised Peel Hunt LLP as the nominated adviser to AIM listed Afentra PLC in connection with Afentra's acquisitions of oil and gas assets in Angola parties for an aggregate consideration of over US$ 150 million. The consideration for the acquisition was financed in part by a debt facility with Trafigura. The transaction constituted a reverse takeover for Afentra PLC.
- PPH – advised Public Policy Holding Company, Inc, a leading bi-partisan, full service US government affairs business based in Washington DC, on its IPO and equity fundraising on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Upon admission, the Company had a market capitalisation of £146 million and raised equity of approximately £30 million, which included a sell down by existing shareholders.
- Cleantech Lithium - advised CleanTech Lithium plc on its IPO and equity fundraising on the AIM market of London Stock Exchange. CleanTech Lithium is focused on lithium exploration and development and is developing three lithium projects in Chile. The company is intending to produce lithium using a sustainable and green direct lithium extraction method. Fieldfisher additionally advised CleanTech Lithium on a pre-IPO fundraising round before advising on the AIM listing and advised on a further secondary fundraising which completed in November 2022 and valued the company at approximately £50 million.
- CT Automotive Group - advised CT Automotive Group a UK-headquartered company which designs, develops and supplies interior components for the global automotive industry on its IPO and equity fundraising on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. CT Automotive Group has an international manufacturing footprint spanning China, the UK, Czech Republic and Turkey, including distribution and sales operations throughout Europe, the United States and Japan. The Company raised approximately £33.6 million and on admission had a market capitalisation of £75 million.
- Panmure Gordon - advised Panmure Gordon on the IPO of Dianomi PLC on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange. Panmure conducted the initial public offering, alongside a sell down of existing shares and placing of new shares on behalf of Dianomi. Dianomi had an initial market capitalisation of £82m.
- eEnergy Group – advised AIM listed eEnergy Group plc, the net zero energy service provider, on its "buy and build strategy" and secondary fundraisings including the acquisition of the energy management business, UtitlityTeam, for up to £21 million and the acquisition a leading "Energy Efficiency-as-a-Service" business, Beyond Group.
- Atalaya Mining plc - advised this AIM 100 listed company, a European copper producer, on numerous transactions including the over £100 million financing required for the restart and expansion of the Rio Tinto Copper mine in Spain.
- IOG plc – advised this net zero UK gas and infrastructure operator on numerous transactions including its secondary fundraising in September 2021 and a deal valued at over £250 million, which involved the farm out of 50 per cent of its Southern North Sea upstream assets, the Thames Pipeline and association Thames Reception Facilities to CalEnergy Resources, the restructure of its loan arrangements with its secured creditor and the issue of listed Nordic Bonds.
I am a qualified lawyer in England & Wales.
What others say…
Dominic Gurney-Champion is one of the very best I have known in 20 years in public markets. He has deep expertise in small/mid cap companies. He is a strategic thinker and is always available, and importantly, always gives ‘partner time’ on a project. He is typical of the pragmatic and commercial advice you get from this firm. He is exceptional and a credit to the industry.
Dominic is razor-sharp with an incisive legal brain, he is a formidable presence…. and acts for clients in AIM flotations acquisitions and fund-raisings.
An excellent senior lawyer who gives advice of a high quality. Very pragmatic, easy to approach and has a huge amount of experience.