My main areas of practice
The focus of my work is representation in complex commercial law disputes, in particular corporate law, commercial law, tax law and insolvency law. Furthermore, I represent and advise in insurance liability disputes in the area of advisor and manager liability.
I have particular expertise in the management, defence and enforcement of mass claims.
My clients are national and international companies and groups in all sectors, as well as shareholders and entrepreneurs. However, my clients also include insurers, managers and law and tax firms.
Together with my team, I represent the interests of our clients with the utmost commitment and always fight for positive and fair solutions. In particular, I use my negotiating experience from more than 2,500 court cases.
Examples from my work so far:
- Representation of a shareholder in a corporate dispute and defence of claims in the high double-digit millions in various arbitration and ordinary court proceedings
- Representation of an international importer in the arbitral enforcement of the ineffectiveness of the revocation of a trade licence
- Representation of a shareholder in a corporate dispute in a joint venture, which ended with the redemption of the opposing shares.
- Representing a company in the aerospace industry in a corporate dispute and claiming damages in the hundreds of millions (various ordinary and arbitration proceedings)
- Representation of several investment funds in the enforcement of tax claims against the tax office in the hundreds of millions of Euros
- Representing an investment fund in the enforcement of several hundred individual claims against investors
- Representation of a company in the enforcement of assigned and bundled insurance claims in the hundreds of millions of euros
- Representation of various hotel chains in all contentious matters
I advise my clients in German, English and French.
I am mentioned as a frequently recommended lawyer for Dispute Resolution in JUVE.
I have published the following articles and columns, among others:
- Note to BGH: Presumption of correct information does not apply to liability in tort (GWR 2015, 364)
- Note on OLG Hamm: No duty to inform about internal liability risk according to §§ 30, 31 GmbHG analogously for public GmbH & Co. KG (GWR 2015, 345)
- Corporate litigation, enforcement of shareholders' rights by way of action for performance or injunction (to be published by Carl Heymanns Verlag)
- Internal Investigations and attorney-client privilege in Germany (published in ZWH 2012, 311-315)
- Effectiveness of service of an application despite missing annexes (MDR 2009, 421)
- Agreements on the place of jurisdiction between merchants in international legal relations (MDR 2009, 837)
- Legal standing of a shareholder withdrawn by squeeze-out in declaratory actions (MDR 2010, 1)
- Restructure or exit - On the restructuring of closed-end funds (Platow Brief 2010)
- Impact of the UK Bribery Act 2010 on German companies (NZG 2010, 1372)
- The Hounds of London (Financial Times Germany)
- UK Bribery Act (Handelsblatt)
I studied German and French law at Saarland University.
Prior to joining Fieldfisher, I worked at several large international law firms. In 2012, I founded my own litigation boutique, which I brought to Fieldfisher in 2019.