Why choose our Commercial Fraud lawyers?
We are specialists in uncovering and pursuing complex, high-value frauds through internal and external investigations, within the UK and across international borders. Our experts work with experienced private investigators and forensic accountants to determine the nature of the fraud and devise the most effective strategy to trace assets and return them to their rightful owners.
We obtain worldwide freezing orders, search orders, disclosure orders or other similar relief from the English Courts in support of domestic and foreign proceedings. We are also fully equipped to handle multiple linked civil, criminal, regulatory and disciplinary proceedings that typically arise in fraud cases.
- We investigated a multinational trade fraud, obtained a worldwide freezing order for US$100 million in the English Courts in support of proceedings in Italy, and coordinated enforcement of that order in Luxembourg and the US.
- We acted to successfully protect a UK-listed company where allegations of fraud against a director led to a large claim from a foreign bank.
- We acted for a well-known travel company to recover all losses it suffered as a result of a £5 million fraud by its former Company Secretary.
- We represented an African oil trading company in US$50 million fraud proceedings, successfully discharging injunctions in England, Mauritius and South Africa and enforcing cross-undertakings for damages.
- We advised a US company on claims arising out of the purchase of a business via a German intermediary relating to the misappropriation of funds from an account in Liechtenstein.
- We acted for a high-net-worth individual to recover €15 million stolen from a Cayman Islands account by obtaining a worldwide freezing order in the English Courts and tracing assets in the UK, Italy, Luxembourg and Austria.
Latest Commercial Fraud news and views
Sign up to our email digest