I act for clients in high-value complex English High Court litigation and international arbitration. I advise clients on claims often relating to financial disputes, shareholder disputes and fraud across a variety of sectors including banking, energy and telecoms. My clients include corporate entities of all sizes, as well as high-net-worth individuals, located in the UK and internationally.
Recent litigation cases include:
- Acting on behalf of a former director of a Cayman-based hedge fund in his defence against claims brought for wilful default of his duty as director and fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Secured a 'Persons Unknown' freezing injunction in the English Commercial Court for a high-net-worth individual to recover monies following a €15 million banking tech-fraud and later obtained a summary judgment against the defendants.
- Secured judgment on behalf of an Israeli court-appointed trustee in recovering undisclosed assets in connection with the bankruptcy of one of the largest private bankruptcies in Israeli history.
- Obtained a world-wide freezing injunction against a Russian oil refinery on behalf of an Irish commodities company.
- Successfully served proceedings relating to a £1 billion claim in the English High Court personally on an ultra-high-net-worth non-resident in the English jurisdiction (and confirmed the present test for such service following the Defendant's challenge to service).
Recent arbitration cases include
- Representing an African government in a telecommunications dispute under the ICC Rules in its defence of a US$3 billion claim.
- Advising a high-net-worth individual in an LCIA arbitration relating to his investment and joint venture synthetic diamond production business.
- Representing Cypriot companies in a US$5.5 billion claim under SCC Rules brought against Ukraine under the Energy Charter Treaty relating to investments made in Ukraine's largest energy company.
- Advising an investor in a West African mining dispute in connection with a claim under the LCIA Rules valued at US$30 million.
- Acted for an international bank in multiple LCIA arbitrations against individuals in the UAE and in Russia in relation to loan disputes.
- Successfully challenged an arbitral award on the grounds of a serious procedural irregularity in the Commercial Court brought under section 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996.
- Contributed to Global Arbitration Review's first edition of The Guide to Challenging and Enforcing Arbitration Awards.
I am a founding member of the Young Energy Arbitration Club. In my spare time I enjoy travelling, yoga and socialising with friends. I am also a keen American football fan and try to watch my native New Orleans Saints at any opportunity.
What others say…
Duncan Black and Rebecca McKee make up a phenomenal team of hard working, intelligent and diligent individuals. They work tirelessly for the best results for their clients and provide incredible support to both clients and counsel teams alike. A joy to work with.
Dan Hayward and Rebecca McKee are both excellent. They are fun and enjoyable to work with, which is a very good way of getting the best out of the entire team.
Rebecca McKee – a rising star. It surely will not be long until she makes partner. She is always on top of all of the material and all of the detail. If you ask her to handle an issue or a problem you can be certain that it will be done and sorted out without ever having to check up.
Emily Wyse-Jackson, Rebecca McKee and Sonia Morton are ones to watch. They are going places and are complete stars.