I am a leading serious injury lawyer and partner in the personal injury and asbestos claims team at Fieldfisher.
I am recognised by the legal directories for my hard work and dedication in achieving the best results for my clients and in particular for my client handling skills.
I specialise in complex, high-value personal injury claims, with 15 years' experience representing people injured in accidents in the UK and abroad, including:
- Road traffic accidents
- Work place accidents
- Fatal Accident claims
- Mesothelioma and asbestos disease claims
- Claims arising out of terrorist attacks
- Professional Negligence claims
My focus is to secure immediate medical and financial support for clients to enable their rehabilitation. I also represent the families of those killed in accidents at inquests and in their personal injury claims. I have an excellent reputation for achieving substantial settlements for clients suffering from asbestos-related diseases.
I am regularly instructed to take over cases when clients are dissatisfied with their previous solicitors or where cases have been undervalued. I also act for several clients in claims against their previous solicitors for under-settling a claim or for incorrect advice.
Recent notable cases include:
- High Court and Court of Appeal success for an amputee bringing a claim against his previous lawyers – Witcomb v J Keith Park Solicitors and another - Read more here
- High Court success for widening the scope of dependency claims in fatal cases – Witham v Steve Hill Ltd – Read more here
- High Court success in first reported cases where Scots law was applied to the assessment of damages in a fatal case brought in England – Haggerty v ICI – Read more here
- Successfully challenged an automatism defence for a cyclist significantly injured in a road traffic accident – Read more here
- Successfully recovered damages for two young men who fell through a skylight whilst visiting premises
- Acted for victims of terrorist attack at Finsbury Park and Westminster Bridge
- Successfully concluded a claim for the family of respected scientist Maria Bitner Glindzicz following a fatal road traffic accident
- Significant settlement for an aspiring boxer who suffered extreme anaphylactic shock after being served a drink containing nuts.
I recently successfully recovered at trial one of the highest reported awards in a mesothelioma claim, widely reported as one of the most significant cases in fatal accident dependency claims. Read more here or watch a video about the case below.
I speak at training sessions for lawyers and regularly comment in the national press on high-profile cases with wide public interest, including BBC Radio 4 Today programme, BBC London Radio and BBC London News. I recently chaired a conference on the developing area of immunotherapy treatment for cancer patients.
I am a member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers).
What others say…
Dushal Mehta is very professional, knowledgeable, well-spoken and kind at all times. His understanding of this area of law is outstanding. He always has time to explain any complications that arise so I'm confident in the next steps of my case.
In conflicts of interests, he would be my first call. He's really good with clients. I really rate him.
He's in the asbestos world and is well known. He has a name for being tenacious and running really hard cases.
Dushal Mehta is tenacious, smart and hardworking and gets the best results for his clients.
Dushal Mehta is willing to tackle difficult issues and his commitment is first class.
Dushal Mehta is brilliant with clients, he has a real human touch, and he is always clear in his advice.
Dushal Mehta has notable experience in a range of personal injury claims sustained in the workplace. Expertise extends to fatal accidents and catastrophic RTA matters. "The experience was very positive; he was communicative and transparent. I knew what to expect and when." "Always prompt and courteous, acting in the best interest of the client; he is very effective."
Complete confidence in his judgement, he proves to be a class act.
His advice, determination, kindness, compassion and professionalism, in what was at times a difficult case and a very distressing time for us, was second to none.
Peter Williams, Dushal Mehta, and Andrew Morgan are all exceptional. They have handled some of the largest and best-known cases in this field. They are thorough and have excellent client-handling skills. They also have the respect of their opponents, which helps them to achieve the best outcomes for their clients.
Dushal Mehta is highly experienced in representing claimants suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses. "Extremely hard-working and willing to take on difficult cases."
Keith Barrett and Dushal Mehta have few rivals in the industry for their sheer brilliance in conducting high value and complex litigation.